MGS 2015 Conference Call For PapersProposals for talks are now being accepted for the MGS Fall Conference, September 19, 2015, at Jeff’s Catering in Brewer. There are three openings for one-hour presentations. Speaker compensation is $100 plus registration and lunch the day of the conference.
The theme this year is “Records & Resources.” Proposals should focus on how to locate and use a particular type of record including those that are digitized and on-line. The emphasis should be on original material. Types of records might be newspapers, military & pension records, church records, cemetery records, probate documents, land records & deeds. Proposals for other, less known & used records are encouraged. Records need not be Maine specific.
Proposals should include the following:
1. Speaker’s name
2. Contact information (including mailing address, e-mail, & phone number)
3. Prior speaking experience
4. Brief biography (about 50 words)
5. Title of the talk
6. Summary or outline of the talk (about 200 words)
7. Intended audience level (beginner, intermediate, advanced, or all levels)
Please send proposals to Helen A. Shaw either by mail (77 Pascal Ave., Rockport, ME 04856) or as a pdf attachment (email@example.com). Proposals must be received by 1 March 2015.
Trackback from your site.