Vital Records of Dresden Maine

$65.00

Out of stock

Want a discount? Become a member by purchasing MGS Membership, MGS Membership (1st Class Mailing), MGS Membership (Canadian) or MGS Membership (International), or log in if you are a member.

Description

SOLD OUT – OUT OF STOCK WorldCat indicates that this book is available through several libraries.

MGS Special Publication #69Edited By: Marlene A. Groves Pages: 448 ISBN: 0-89725-915-7 Original Publication Year: 2012 Every Name Index: 12,913 entriesNon-Member Price: $65 Member Price: $59.95About The Book: The town of Dresden is the westernmost town in Lincoln County and is located on the Kennebec River. The region was settled in 1750 by French-speaking Protestants from France and Germany and was organized in 1752 under the name of Frankfort Plantation. The town was later incorporated on 13 February 1760 as Pownalborough and was known as the west precinct.The area encompassing the original town of Pownalborough included the later towns of Alna, Wiscasset, Dresden and Perkins Township. When the town of Dresden was set off from Pornalborough, it was incorporated on 25 June 1794 as the 90th town in Maine.

Additional information

Weight16 lbs